Transition planning from school works best where a team of supporters gets involved. The team can include you, your family, friends, school staff, Choices NZ and any other community support staff.
The team will work together to develop a transition plan that meets your needs and wishes, in a range of areas that may include:
- Employment or vocational options
- Income and financial arrangements
- Living arrangements
- Cultural and religious supports
- Further education options
- Recreation and leisure options
- Advocacy arrangements
- Friendships, sexuality and relationships
- Transport and community access
- Disability support services
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for transition support you must be:
- A New Zealand citizen or permanent resident currently living in New Zealand
- Aged between 16 and 21
- Funded by Ongoing Resourcing Scheme (ORS)
- In your final year of school
Where is this service available?
This service is available nationwide.
Choices NZ staff will work alongside you in your home or at school through the transition process. We accept referrals from students, schools and families.