Choices NZ works with people with disabilities and health needs to achieve employment and thrive on the job. We partner with local businesses to make this happen.
We can provide employment-related case management, including any required and agreed coaching assistance, while working with you to identify open and inclusive employment opportunities.
How we can assist you
We can assist you with:
- Pre-employment training
- Facilitating employment opportunities
- Ongoing work coaching for up to 12 months
- In-work coaching after 12 months
- Coaching on an as-required basis
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for work support you must:
- Be aged between 16 and 64 (inclusive of individuals over 65 who do not qualify for New Zealand superannuation)
- Be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
- Be close to “ready for work”
- Have been applying for or have been receiving a New Zealand main benefit from Work and Income
- Have a disability or health condition that is likely to impact on their ability to work for 6 months or more
- Not be enrolled at school
- Not be enrolled with another employment service provider
Where is this service available?
This service is available for people living in Gisborne, Taranaki, Whanganui, Manawatu, Greater Wellington, Nelson, Christchurch, Dunedin and Invercargill.
Choices NZ staff will work alongside you to prepare for employment and succeed on the job.
Are you an employer?
Visit our For employers page.